Re: [IPp] Finally talked to superintendent

I have admired your determination throughout this ordeal....don't lose that
now.  This is only my opinion and other parents on the list may feel
differently.  If it were me, I would go to the nearest news station and I
would give them the story.  Schools are there to teach our children, not just
in academics but how to grow to be caring and compassionate adults.  What
lesson is this teaching our children?  I realize that we as parents of
diabetic children will have many many hurdles to jump over in a wide variety
of situations, until a cure is found. And I know that we need to pick our
battles at least the ones we think we can win, or the ones that will cause
the least amount of trouble.  BUT...what you are asking for is simple, very
simple and the only one making a problem out of it is the superintendent.  If
it were me, and my child mature enough and responsible enough to test and
keep the supplies put away until test times..then I would have my child test
in the classroom. On the first day of school I would give my child what they
would need to do the tests and damn what the superintendent says....I mean,
what is he going to do?? Kick her out of school?? This is foolish and once he
is made to look like the ignorant moron he really is in the publics
eyes...he'll reconsider.  IF it were me and I was in your shoes, I would get
a petition signed by as many parents in the community as I possibly could and
I would submit that to a higher up .....there is someone higher than him, go
to the board of education in your town, go to your mayor, go to the NEWS!!
Again, this is my opinion, some may not agree, I tend to be an over reactor
on many issues when it comes to my children, but I love them and that is my
I hope it all works out for you by the time school starts.  My fingers are
crossed for you.
Sarah :)