Re: [IPp] Finally talked to superintendent

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cindy Lattimer" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>;
<email @ redacted>; <email @ redacted>
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 4:13 PM
Subject: [IPp] Finally talked to superintendent

> Dear All,  You are all going to just love this one.  The superintendent
> finally called me back today (what's it been?  A week?)  Anyway, he feels
> that it is best for Jessy, her classmates, and her teacher for her to go
> to the nurse to check her blood sugars until at least December, and then
> we can re-evaluate her situation......lol.  I'm sure you all know exactly
> what that means.  "According to his lawyers" it would be more disruptive
> done in class then her getting up and just leaving every two hours, there
> would be a problem if one of the "curious" other students got into her
> testing case, and my personal favorite, the bodily fluid issue.  I, of
> course had a reply for every one of his "problems", but he just countered
> every one of them.  I am tired.  I am tired of fighting with this man, I
> am tired of the other parents' "feelings" thrown up in my face (which, by
> the way, he is supposedly going to let the other parents "i! n on this"
> to get their feelings on this issue.......hmmmmm.........wonder how he'll
> word this one.  I don't want to give up for Jessy, but I don't want to
> make enemies out of these people, not only does Jessy have 3 more years
> at this school, but I have 2 other children who will be going to this
> school, too.  What do I do?  Do I let this go?  Do I fight?  Is it that
> big of a deal?  I thought it was, but now I am second guessing myself
> because I am tired of fighting with these people.  I need your input on
> this one.  You have all ALWAYS helped me before, let me know your ideas
> on this.Thank you once again,Cindy

Cindy, (hug, hug, I know you need some)

I know you're tired of fighting this. We all are, but don't give up or give
in.  The law in on JESSY's side!  You might think that it is no big deal to
go to the nurse's office this year because it's so close, but what about
years to come. Right now you'll be setting a precident for the years to
come.  How do you want things to be in the future?  If you give in now it
will be harder in the following years at school.  You CAN hang tough.  You
have the law and all of us POPers behind you and with you on this!!  Don't
give up!  Maybe it's time to call in reinforcements like the media?

Good luck and hang in there.