Re: [IPp] Pump Start TODAY!!!

Dear Marie,

  How did your first night go?  Pretty exciting.  I'll never forget our
first day home with the pump when Jessy, after a few hours of being home,
said "Mom, can I take this off now?"  She never asked that question again
after we said, "Sure, but then you have to go back to shots, and
everything we just went through was for nothing."  She got the picture
really quick.

  They told us to wait a month before we saw any changes, but we saw them
right away, and it has only gotten better.  The last week, Jess hasn't
had a blood sugar over 120, and this is coming from a kid who's average
blood sugar used to be 250!  Jessy has a new lease on life, and is so
much happier now.  It is so nice for her to be normal again.......you
will be so happy!

  We wish you the best of luck.  Don't panick, it all becomes second
nature, really fast.  Once you have past and handled your first few
hurdles, you will feel like a pro.

>From: email @ redacted >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To:
email @ redacted >Subject: Re: [IPp] Pump Start
TODAY!!! >Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 15:16:00 EDT > >Well, Nikko is now
"hooked up" and pumping! We were there for two hours. >Nikko had drawn
pictures of his pump to give our endo & the CDE. He also did >his BG
check for the CDE in the office & she was mighty impressed (he walked
>away with a TON of stickers...LOL!). > >Now we're home & feel like we
did the first time we brought him home after >his birth. You know that
"you're letting me leave with him?" kind of >feeling! And I've had to
swap our cases already to get him into his comfy >home playclothes, and
felt so weird for doing the quick disconnect, even >though it was only
for like 25 seconds! I was totally paranoid that he was >missing his
hourly "click"....whew! So much to get used to! > >Thanks for all the
well wishes...but it's only just started! We have to FAX >in a daily log
each day this week, then weekly for the next three weeks. We >test before
each meal, bedtime, midnight, 3am & 2 hours post-prandial (after >meals).
This is just initally. > >Thanks again for the support! > >Warmly, >