Re: [IPp] Re: pop-digest V1 #137

Dear Trena,

Just out of curiosity, what state do you live in?  We are in New Jersey.
The superintendent is trying to "lead" me to believe that in New Jersey,
rules are different then elsewhere.  I am beginning to wonder if I look
stupid!  I never really thought so until now.  Anyway, I have written to
2 senators, and some other officials on the issue of testing blood sugars
in the classroom.....I figure they are elected officials, they want me to
vote for them, maybe they will at least pretend to pat my back......long
story short......I got a letter back from one of them stating that they
deal with Federal concerns, however, they forwarded my letter to someone
who can help me, and now I am happily waiting a response from
them......wish me luck!

>From: email @ redacted >Reply-To: email @ redacted
>To: email @ redacted >Subject: [IPp] Re:
pop-digest V1 #137 >Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 21:24:35 EDT > >In a message
dated 7/24/2002 7:03:11 AM Central Daylight Time,
>email @ redacted writes: > > > > Actually, that is exactly
what they do. The teacher is not allowed to touch > > a > > child that is
bleeding. They are to send them directly to the nurse who > > then > >
puts on gloves before touching the child > >Actually, it is a teacher's
choice. I am the PE teacher for 1st -5th grades >and deal w/nose bleeds,
scraped elbows/knees, broken arms, and anything else >that goes wrong on
a play ground daily. We do not have a school nurse and >when a child is
hurt, the first thing they want is their momma. I couldn't >live w/
myself if I didn't help these kids. Last year, I had a first grader >fall
off the top of a 12 ft slide and his bone went thru his arm. We keep
>bleach in the bathroom lounge that is supposed to kill the aids virus
and I >wash up w/it and pray I don't get anything. I try to keep the
attitude"If it >were my child, I would want the teacher to help take care
of them and not >make them feel any worse by acting like they are gonna
get something if they >do." Trena (mom to Jake 11)