[IPp] Re: pop-digest V1 #137

In a message dated 7/24/2002 7:03:11 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Actually, that is exactly what they do. The teacher is not allowed to touch
> child that is bleeding. They are to send them directly to the nurse who
> then
> puts on gloves before touching the child

Actually, it is a teacher's choice. I am the PE teacher for 1st -5th grades
and deal w/nose bleeds, scraped elbows/knees, broken arms, and anything else
that goes wrong on a play ground daily. We do not have a school nurse and
when a child is hurt, the first thing they want is their momma. I couldn't
live w/ myself if I didn't help these kids. Last year, I had a first grader
fall off the top of a 12 ft slide and his bone went thru his arm. We keep
bleach in the bathroom lounge that is supposed to kill the aids virus and I
wash up w/it and pray I don't get anything. I try to keep the attitude"If it
were my child, I would want the teacher to help take care of them and not
make them feel any worse by acting like they are gonna get something if they
do."  Trena (mom to Jake 11)