Re: [IPp] BG testing and a response

Dear Marie,

  I knew what you  ment.  You are all trying to help me by giving me
advice you have learned along the way through trial and
error......exactly the reason why I threw this out there to all of you.
I find that, for myself anyway, when I have a ton of different views out
there to look at, it helps me to find a medium with witch to work with
that hopefully will benifit Jessy.  I have written the letter, witch I
think you all read.....thank you......although he doesn't have it yet, he
will.  I am surely hoping to talk to him by next week, and again, I will
bring up her rights, he will bring up legal ramifications, then, thanks
to all of you, I will simply bring up skinned knees, bloody noses, snot
and sneezing, and see where that takes me.  I am actually starting to
keep notes that I will hopefully have right in front of me when he does
finally call me back.

  I am having trouble with my internet explorer, and lack of time, to
find the actual law that gives her the right to test in the classroom, if
any of you just happen to know it.....ie: section blah blah blah of the
blah blah blah act.....if you know what I mean, so I can sound more
diplomatic, I would certainly be thrilled to have it.  I know you have
all been where I am at some point or another, and I LOVE all of the
advice I am recieving from you all.  Please don't stop.  I need the
encouragement too.

Thanks to all........Cindy

>From: email @ redacted >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To:
email @ redacted >Subject: Re: [IPp] BG testing and
a response >Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 01:32:54 EDT > >In a message dated
7/24/2002 11:11:57 AM Pacific Daylight Time, >email @ redacted writes: >
> > > What you say is true to a point....however, our children's rights
in school > > are protected and the school personnel do not have the
legal right to > > ignore > > a parent because they have them
*labeled*...checking bgs whenever and > > wherever is a legal right not
something to be *given* by the schools if we > > *behave*...jmo and
experience.... > >Hi Beverly! > >From our interactions on the AOL board,
I know we both have *very* similar >views on most things D! What I was
actually saying with this was *not* that >she shouldn't stick up for her
child's rights, or that she should even fear >being labeled! What I was
simply trying to say is, if, as a parent who is >trying to get something
(even something that is our right), we have to choose >our battles. We
can spin our wheels and be indiginant and make angry phone >calls about
returned mail, or a perceived slight...*or* we can put that same
>indignation and energy toward things like you suggest like getting the
media >involved. I'm just saying with the limited extra energy we have
(is that an >oxymoron or what???...LOL!), we have to choose what we will
spend it on. >Something that will get us nowhere (hence the comment about
the labeling) >from someone who has already shown himself to be
"difficult", or spend that >same energy doing things that will help get
us to where we want to be. Hope >that clarifies! > >Warmly, > >Marie :)