Re: [IPp] BG testing and a response

In a message dated 7/24/2002 11:11:57 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> What you say is true to a point....however, our children's rights in school
> are protected and the school personnel do not have the legal right to
> ignore
> a parent because they have them *labeled*...checking bgs whenever and
> wherever is a legal right not something to be *given* by the schools if we
> *behave*...jmo and experience....

Hi Beverly!

>From our interactions on the AOL board, I know we both have *very* similar
views on most things D!  What I was actually saying with this was *not* that
she shouldn't stick up for her child's rights, or that she should even fear
being labeled!  What I was simply trying to say is, if, as a parent who is
trying to get something (even something that is our right), we have to choose
our battles.  We can spin our wheels and be indiginant and make angry phone
calls about returned mail, or a perceived slight...*or* we can put that same
indignation and energy toward things like you suggest like getting the media
involved.  I'm just saying with the limited extra energy we have (is that an
oxymoron or what???...LOL!), we have to choose what we will spend it on.
Something that will get us nowhere (hence the comment about the labeling)
from someone who has already shown himself to be "difficult", or spend that
same energy doing things that will help get us to where we want to be.  Hope
that clarifies!

Marie  :)
Mom to Nikkolas (Nikko) 7/98
Dx'd 3/01