Re: [IPp] Re: pop-digest V1 #125

You know what?  Even before Jessy was diagnosed with diabetes, one of our
3 kids was always sleeping with us it seemed.  Now I just sleep with
Jessy and Julie comes in, in the middle of the night....then when Trevor
cries I usually bring him in too.  My children are very confident, happy,
well adjusted kids.  We are happy just listening to them breathe, snore
and sometimes talk in their sleep.  I know that I sleep better when they
are all right there with me, even squashed, I sleep more sound and feel
better rested.  I say hats off to us parents that end up sleeping
sideways and crimped, but are happy when we wake up.....lol!

Cindy

>From: michelle allison >Reply-To: email @ redacted
>To: email @ redacted >Subject: Re: [IPp] Re:
pop-digest V1 #125 >Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 18:40:38 -0700 (PDT) > >Hi, >
>I totally agree with your view. My daughter is always >sleeping with us.
If it gets to uncomfortable one of >us will go to her bed or the couch.
It is more >important that she be near me and i can hear her if >there is
a problem. > >Michelle >mom to Amanda 5, dx 2/01 > > >---
email @ redacted wrote: > > I have people question me all the time
about me > > sleeping with Jessy (I > > sleep with her in her
bed)....questions like "Aren't > > you uncomfortable", "Is > > it really
necessary", "Doesn't your husband mind". > > > > Cindy and Trena, > >
True Confessions. Theres a child asleep in my bed > > as I type! (Course
I'm > > not there yet.) We've always slept with our > > little ones.
They've > > usually > > been bumped from our bed when they turned 5, at >
> which time they transferred > > to a sleeping pallet on the floor next
to my bed > > until they reached an age > > where they felt comfy moving
to their own room. > > With the first two girls, > > this came after a
year on the floor. > > > > Zachary (diagnosed at 3) stayed in our room
though > > even after being moved > > to the floor. He didnt' leave till
he turned 10 > > and wanted to. Till > > then I > > was happier with him
nearby anyway since it was > > easier to hear him if > > he was having
night terrors from highs, or acting > > strange from lows. > > > > Then
when he got so sick for a month in January, he > > moved back to the > >
floor in our room for about 6 weeks. Then back > > to his room, though
he;d > > come climb into our bed each AM when hubby got up > > for work.
Just as > > well since all 6 of his seizures since Feb. have > > been at
early morning ones. > > > > As parents we need to do whatever makes us
and our > > children most > > comfortable. A psychiatrist I know used to
bash > > the family bed until she > > had > > her first baby and found
she'd never get any sleep > > without bringing this > > breastfed baby to
bed. She ended up sleeping > > with her till she was 3 > > and the next
"family bed" baby was born. Now > > she's an advocate on it > > and has
been interviewed on television, etc. > > > > Sincerely, > > > > Barbara
A. Petzoldt - Pump Mama to Zachary (12), Dx > > 2/93, 508 2/02. > >
Jennifer (20), Allison (17), Rachel (6) > > Fenton, MO > >
email @ redacted > > Independent Kitchen Consultant for The Pampered > >
for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe, contact: > >
HELP@insulin-pumpers.org > > help SUPPORT Insulin Pumpers