RE: [IPp] BG testing and a response

Thank you Mike,

You are right, I truely hope that I don't have to make that an
issue.......again with the ignorance of well schooled people.......but I
may have to.

>From: "Mike Swaithes" >Reply-To: email @ redacted
>To: >Subject: RE: [IPp] BG testing and a response >Date: Wed, 24 Jul
2002 18:51:45 -0500 > >I was serious. It's not enough blood to be an
issue. They have an argument >about syringes needing to be in the clinic,
but testing blood? No >The 1/16th of an ounce of blood should have been
deleted from that email, >because it was part of the calculations from
someone who uses 10ul per day, >compared to our 4ul and the 1/16th of an
ounce is 1 yrs worth of blood with >their meter and 2 1/2 yrs on ours. So
I'll be glad to debate your pathogen >argument, especially if we can talk
about colds and sneezing. Maybe those >should be restricted to the clinic
also. ;-) > >My first recommendation is to go in and talk (calmly) to
them, don't put >them on the defensive from the beginning. Your child
might suffer. My wife >is much more diplomatic than me. Do your research,
know that you are right, >bounce things off this list and pick your
battles. > >MAS (who sometimes has fun with school personnel) >
>-----Original Message----- >From: email @ redacted
>[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of Patrick G.
Jobe >Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 7:34 AM >To:
email @ redacted >Subject: Re: [IPp] BG testing and
a response > > > Thank you Mike, > > And this is why I sent that letter
out there. Do you mind if I take >what > > you wrote and use it? > >
Thanks, Cindy > >You might want to reconsider. I think Mike Swaithes may
just be kidding you. >I highly doubt the scholl is much concerned about
blood that goes in the >test strips. They are probably more concerned
sources of blood contamination >and once you start pricking fingers there
is blood in a number of other >place rather than the strips (wipes,
drips, smears, etc.) Furthermore if you >want to bamboozle someone with
numbers watch out because they may respond >with a similar calculation
showing how may pathogens (a lot) could be in >that one sixteenth ounce
of blood. > >Pat