RE: [IPp] BG testing and a response

Thanks Robin,

I might just have to do that, if the principal will show some back
bone.....there is friction between him and the superintendent, that could
work either for me or against me in  this case.

Cindy

>From: >Reply-To: email @ redacted >To: >Subject:
RE: [IPp] BG testing and a response >Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 18:46:57
-0700 > >Sometimes it is easier to take everyone out of the picture who
decieds on testing. Instead of going through hoops, quietly set something
up between you and the principal. they can put what the head honchos want
down adn you can have an agreement for the care your child will actually
receive. > >Robyn > > > > > > >-----Original Message----- >From:
"email @ redacted" on behalf of "Cindy Lattimer"
>Sent: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 09:25:20 -0400 >To:
"email @ redacted" >Subject: Re: [IPp] BG testing
and a response > >Dear Beverly. > VENT....VENT....and VENT some more. I
find this all utterly ridiculous to >begin with. The problems I went
through last year with the school nurse >would make your blood curdle.
This year, there is a new nurse, a wonderful >woman, whose daughter was
actually in my daughters class last year, who >truely cares about
Jessica. I am so relieved with that issue. The only >person I have to
convince, is the superintendent, everyone else agrees that >Jessy should
test in the classroom. Why does the ignorance of one person >make life so
miserable for everyone else? Just like you said, instead of >reading up
on the information, that we provide for them, they choose to be >an "iron
wall" of ignorance. Hey wait a minute.......Isn't Ignorance bliss? > Kind
of scary to have that sort of ignorance in the helm of my childs >school.
>Thanks for letting me vent, too. >Cindy >P.S. The iron wall has blocked
my e mails, and won't return my phone >calls.....how much more fun can
this get? I haven't even e mailed him or >called him (until now) since
the end of the school year, and I wasn't even >persistent at that
time......I am taking deep breaths here, and smiling that >I could have
such an effect on a big man....lol. > > > >From: email @ redacted >
and a response > >Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 08:46:52 EDT > > > >In a message
dated 7/24/02 7:41:36 AM Central Daylight Time, > >email @ redacted
writes: > > > > > > > Gee wiz, why can't this just be easy? Why does it
have to be so hard to > > > convince a school to just let a kid test
their sugars quietly at their > > > desk, > > > especially since ALL the
waste will be brought home to disposed of > > > properly, > > > not even
in the school waste basket. > > > I am so CONFUSED! > > > > > > >I keep
asking myself this question in our situation.....all I want is safe >
>care for my daughter and I would like these folks to READ for themselves
> >instead of relying on others for perverted information....oh well,
waiting > >to > >hear from school board guy and attorney.....poor kids,
like they don't have > >enough to handle and Mary wants to be at school
like other kids.....just > >venting..... > >Beverly > >-*******---*******