Re: [IPp] Fwd: Testing blood sugars in the classroom

> Dear Carol,
>   Thank you for the advice.  I wasn't thinking clearly, I guess I figured
> one step at a time, the 3rd grade wing is right there by the nurses
> so I figured for this year anyway, I would feel better with her at the
> during a low....she can go very low sometimes as I am sure you all know.
> will certainly bring that up, I am just afraid that if Jessy is low, she
> will forget to retest again in 15 minutes.  We are going to get her the
> "lady" watch to beep when she needs to test, but for retesting, she will
> have to be reminded, after all, she is still a child, even though she is
> forced to have all of this responsibility thrown upon her shoulders.  She
> handeling it well.
> Thank you sooooo much for your advice.
> Cindy

My son has a ironman watch and it has a timer on it that he can set for 15
minutes to retest after a low.  Thought you might like to know.  If the 3rd
grade wing is so close and you feel better with her going to the nurse this
year, by all means do what you think is best.  If I were you, I'd think
ahead to the next few years.  I'd let the school know that she's only going
to the nurse during lows BECAUSE it's so close, but in coming years, when
she's older and it's not so close, that she will test in the classroom.
Just a thought.  Good luck with the wall!