[IPp] BG testing and a response

Take this argument to your meeting.(a variation came from Tim on CWD)

(The Blood)
Our One-Touch Ultra uses 1 ul(micro-liters)of blood for each test and we
test on average every 2 hours, so in a typical day there are usually 4
tests, resulting in 4 ul of blood. There are 29,573.53 ul of blood in one
ounce, in other words, based on a 184 day school year, it would 7393 school
days or 40 years to generate enough blood to test a full ounce at school.

Of course, if you use the Freestyle you use 1/3 the blood volume described
above, so it would take 120 years to obtain a full ounce.

How would this quantity of bodily fluids compare to say a bloody nose or a
trashcan of used Kleenex?

(The Sharps)
If it's the sharps, well we use new one every morning and is not removed
until she gets home after school, so there is no biohazard to dispose of.
The lancet is far less dangerous than a new protractor or freshly sharpen
Put another way, he tests about one sixteenth of an ounce of blood per year
(180 days) of school.

(The disruption of class)
Do we need to get into the affects my daughter leaving the class has on the
class, the other person (she can't go alone) and her. If it is proposed that
she must leave to test, I am afraid that she will refrain from testing as
needed, which could result in a rather severe emergency, not to mention some
liability to the school district. And leaving the class with a classmate
will result in two people missing classroom lessons. When she is low, she
does not think rationally and should not be permitted to wander the halls.

What information do you have in your 504 plan? You have to know your stuff
and be ready for what they present. We like Lindsey testing anywhere she
thinks she needs to, doesn't flaunt it, but doesn't really hide it either.
The first few times the class all gathered around and watched, it was an
educational time for teachers and students. NOW they all know what to look
for and kind of help keep a watch on her.
Good luck