Re: [IPp] Testing BG in school

Actually, that is exactly what they do. The teacher is not allowed to touch a
child that is bleeding. They are to send them directly to the nurse who then
puts on gloves before touching the child. I will never forget the first time
the school nurse did a blood test on Matthew. She first put on the gloves and
then tested him, to then hurry up and wash her hands. I laughed the whole
time, and even said to her, "I am sure my son has nothing you can catch!"  A
few months down the road she calmed down a bit, but really pushed for Matthew
to test himself. My son is just now learning how to test himself...I was so
mad that she was trying to rush me into teaching him to do it.
I hear what your saying, believe me, I have fought this issue tooth and nail.
 I am constantly educating myself so that when I have my PPT at the beginning
of the upcoming school I am totally prepared. The principal always seems to
side track me, so this time it is WAR. ha ha
Mom to Matthew 5yrs old...Paradigm Pumper and to Victoria 7yrs old, non-d