[IPp] alternate site's

That is also what we were told by our trainer and our endo.  I feel as if
Matthew's bottom is a pin cushion and am running out of room to insert. I
see little red dots, not raised from the skin or anything, just marks
that are
faint.  I just hate seeing this tiny kid have a marked up tush!!SarahMom
Matthew 5yrs old...Paradigm Pumper and to Victoria 7yrs old, non-d

Besides Andrew's hip/upper buttock area, we also use his back with great
success. I insert from

below his shoulder blade down to the 'small' of his back ~ about 1-2
inches lateral

to his spine on either side. I insert horizontally (silhouette)  with the
cannula pointing outward toward

his side. He has little body fat in this area, so I have to 'pinch up'
the skin layer and insert

at a very shallow angle. These site's absorb very well and they also stay
in place very

well. It has given us a lot more surface area to work with so that we can
allow old site

area's more time to heal.  Andrew actually requests the site on his back,
and I have to talk him into putting it on his hip once in a while!

Lisa Harris, Michigan, mom of Andrew, 3yrs old, pumping 11mos