Re: [IPp] To all the grandparents out there

I too found this thread hitting a beat with me.  I am
am not even Megan's stepmomh(her dad and I have not
yet married--do to finances)but NO ONE in her family
really wants to keep her overnight.  Her mom gets her
every once in a while for a few hours.  She has never
asked me anything about how the pump works or

Jim was driving an 18 wheeler when we went to learn
about using the pump and he was on the road, so he was
unable to go.  He has since started his own business
just so he can be home to help me--which has been a
God send!  His mother has offered to take care of
Megan, but she knows nothing about the pump.(Megan
will be going there for a few days, with orders to
call me if anything happens!)I have only been apart
from Megan 1 week (thank god for diabetes camp)since
December.  I love her to death but Type 1 Diabetes and
the pump are really stressful.  And I really need a
break every once in a while!  Jim and I have not been
out since Dec. alone. (he was on the road while she
was at camp).

Megan's sister in law scared me to death when she said
I let her brother take care of those diabetes
things--it's his sister!  Then I asked him how he
handled her being there, he said well she does it all
herself, I really don't know anything!  Sooo....you
guessed it I get the rap of being the bad person cause
I don't really want her going for more than a few

Nancy, My understanding of your post may be wrong but
your grandchild lives with you, is that right.  If so,
don't be scared just handled everything one thing at a
time.  Learn all you can, and just deal with 1 problem
at a time.  This is the only way, I am able to cope.

Sorry everyone for such a negative post, just needed
to sound off.  I am glad that there are families that
are getting help, but except for Jim, it is like
everyone kinda just expects me to do it.  I guess
because Megan was so out of control and now she is
doing so much better they think I am the only one with
the "midas" touch. lol boy are they wrong!

Do You Yahoo!?