[IPp] testing in the classroom

I am busy writing up a 504 plan for Emily's 5th grade year and am trying to
let her have more independence with her testing, since next year is middle
school, and she will definitely need to have it then.  My questions for those
of you who test in the classroom are this:

1. Do you have your child report it to the nurse?
2. How often a day do you test?(post-meal? or just lunch?)
3.When low, does your child report to the nurse, or just treat and recheck?
Emily does treat and test right now for lows in the class, but, then goes to
the nurse, and sits for 15-20 min.(The school is very large, 1600 students)
and the nurses office is a long ways away.)

Last year, the school was very cooperative, but, the nurse took alot on
herself.(Which I appreciated) Now, we are moving for a little more

Any thoughts or suggestions on this, I would greatly appreciate!

Jeanne Stahlman
Mom of Emily, 10, dx'd 9-11-01, pumping since 2/02