Re: [IPp] To all the grandparents out there

In a message dated 7/23/02 8:09:32 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> My husband and I are very tired of never having a break from the kids.  I
> mean,
> we get a break from some of the kids, but then, Jon is always with us.  I
> think
> that some of the other kids (our middle daughter especially - 11) is
> starting to
> resent him for it.  She says she understands but I dont think she really
> does.

I am single....forget the family except my nephew who is a paramedic. One
would think that my Mom would have risen to the occasion since she raised a
diabetic child (my brother) but no, she resents the type of care Mary has and
that it didn't come into being in time to help her son and she won't go past
it.........I have friends that will keep her some but the 24 in the pool at
her party yesterday I think made one bolt.....and I understand, it was scary
and it was her birthday....if you lived near me, I would keep him (or anyone
of the wonderful parents on our local loop who keep me sane).......my son is
started to show some resentment too but I can only do what i can ....I do
remind him that I have been in his shoes and point out all the things I do
special for him....the sibling role is tough.......good luck!
Beverly, Mom to Mary, almost 9, dx'd 9/97, pumping, and Nick, who is now ten!