Re: [IPp] To all the grandparents out there

You are very lucky Cindy.  Once Jon was diagnosed with diabetes, he suddenly was
(and is) left out of everything to do with any relative.  Actually, it is only
my friends who bother to learn a thing.  We have two people who we can trust to
leave Jon with, our babysitter and a neighbour.  Although neigher one of them
can change an infussion so we can never be too far away.

We tried for over a year to educate one of the Grandmas (who is my husbands Mom,
lives *right* next door) but she still cannot wrap her brain around the fact
that un-sweetened apple juice has sugar in it.  She thinks that un-sweetened
means sugar-free.  The dietitian and nurse I work with have explained it to her
many times but she just doesn't get it.  Maybe a fear of low?  Regardless.....

My husband and I are very tired of never having a break from the kids.  I mean,
we get a break from some of the kids, but then, Jon is always with us.  I think
that some of the other kids (our middle daughter especially - 11) is starting to
resent him for it.  She says she understands but I dont think she really does.

We're off to a wedding in October in San Fransisco and I guess we'll have to
take Jon with us.  Oh well.

My point here Cindy, was, count your blessings.  You're very lucky.