[IPp] trouble with schools in Maine?

I'm a 27 year old woman who has been pumping for about 8 months. I'm
writing to you all because I need feedback on a project proposal I'm
working on.

I'm a legal services lawyer in Portland, Maine. Right now I'm doing
family law with victims of domestic violence and other low-income women
and I'm about to begin the second year of a two-year fellowship. I'd
like to work on diabetes-related issues next.

I've learned a lot about the issues kids with diabetes experience in
school from this list and the main list (and, of course, from my own
experiences!) and I'd like to design a project in which I would work
with parents and kids and advocate with school districts (re testing in
the classroom, folks trained in glucagon administration, 504 plans...).
I also want to look into medicaid coverage of diabetes-related supplies
in Maine. My project would be based at the legal services office in

I wonder if anyone has any information about issues in Maine? or people
who might be helpful to contacts in Maine? I came across the school
database on the children with diabetes site and found that about 9
Maine schools are listed as allowing testing in the classroom, but I
haven't seen information about difficulty with Maine schools. I'd also
love to know if anyone has experience with medicaid (now MaineCare) in
Maine? Or suggestions about my project proposal generally?

Thanks so much!
Katie McGovern
email @ redacted
or email @ redacted