Re: [IPp] high BGs and bolusing/Dads

In a message dated 7/22/2002 8:59:11 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Id like to second that order!  Theres a standing family joke that my
> husband could sleep through a hurricane!  Hes great about helping during
> the daytime hours, but nighttime falls to me.  Hes offered to take a turn
> at night too, but it just never works out.

I've gotta put a plug in for great Dads like (list dads) Mike, Michael, and
add to that list, my husband.  8 times out of 10, my hubby is the one to do
the middle of the night check (being that he's a night owl).  And today, he
arranged to work from home so he could do the pump training too.  He goes to
just about *all* of the endo appointments with us, and he *fully* shares in
*all* of the diabetes managment of our son.  However, simply by virtue of the
fact that I'm the one that stays at home with our son, I do a majority of the
daytime care.

Just a grateful note of thanks to the great dads who support their families
with this condition!

Marie  :)
Mom to Nikkolas (Nikko) 7/98
Dx'd 3/01