Re: [IPp] Re: pop-digest V1 #125

In a message dated 7/21/2002 12:49:55 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> When Zachary was diagnosed he was 3 yrs and 3 wks and still breastfeeding.
> (Naptime, first thing in the AM and bedtime)     The first demand the ENDO
> team had was that he wean instantly-----we said no.

We had just the opposite initial reaction.  Nikko was dx'd at 2.9 years old
and when I told them I was still nursing, they assumed (without me saying)
that I would be sleeping in the bed with him, and made a "breastfeeding mom,
please knock" sign...all without me having to ask!  It was so nice to get
that support. All I needed after a dx like that was to have to have a
"breastfeeding a toddler?" battle!  AND it was wonderful to be able to
comfort him through such a rough time.

Nikko happily self-weaned at 3.25.

Marie  :)
Mom to Nikkolas (Nikko) 7/98