[IPp] help convincing endo

Our endo told us that we had to be diagnosed for a year before we could get
a pump. I have memorized the Pink Panther book :), and have ordered the
Insulin Pumper book. We have an appt. on July 29th and would like to ask for
the pump again. (my daughter Catie, 12 was diagnosed on April 5th of this
I have written out some reasons why we want the pump, because I am afraid I
would forget something. Is there anything I should add??
Any help would be appreciated!
Mary Beth

Reasons why Catie needs to have an insulin pump-soon:

7       Better Control of her blood glucose readings
7       Puberty is on it's way, and what better time than now?
7       Catie wants to run cross country and a pump will make it easier to
control             her glucose levels during excessive exercise.
7       Catie is starting at a junior high school next month. She will be
changing                 classes and her time between classes will be
limited. A pump will enable her     to deal with her glucose levels with
more convenience than injections.
7       Catie is a very responsible child and has shown an interest in being
on a pump.
7       I do not have a job outside of the home, so I am available to help
Catie if she needs any help with her pump while she is at school. Her father
also works very close to her school.
7       The pump has been proven to lower Hba1c numbers, so why wait?
7       We realize that the pump is not a cure. It will take responsibility
and a lot of work to learn all of the workings of a pump, but we know that
in the long run, it will help Catie to keep her glucose levels regulated,
which in turn, will lower her risk of complications.
7       Being 12 is hard enough, Catie deserves the flexibility that the
pump offers.