RE: [IPp] lettin loose

Dear friends,

I always read these messages with a warm filled heart. Only you fellow parents know what it is like to raise a child who is chronically ill but does not "look" sick. My son is now almost 16 and has been diabetic for almost 10 years. We have been pumping for about three years. As I read the messages about sleepovers, schools, and the many other questions that I had so many years ago I smile because I am over that. Now I get to worry about dating, driving and hopefully no drinking. Thought that would make all of you smile. Remember they are children first and we all do agreat job. Keep them close while you can ebcause they grow up so fast and start moving away and the control you have had for so long is taken away. It is very hard to give up and let them make thier own mistakes, and they will make mistakes. Kiss each of your children tonoght and take care of them like you always do. We are thier greatest advocate and strength.

Robyn