Re: [IPp] Re: pop-digest V1 #125

In a message dated 7/20/2002 12:19:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> .    A psychiatrist I know used to bash the family bed until she
> had
> her first baby and found she'd never get any sleep without bringing this
> breastfed baby to bed.     She ended up sleeping with her till she was 3
> and the next "family bed" baby was born.    Now she's an advocate on it
> and has been interviewed on television, etc.

We practice attachment parenting, too.  Nikko weaned when he was ready, and
moved to his own bed when he wanted to (which was at 3.5).  We also respected
his timing with potty training.  There's so much about being a kid (and one
with a chronic condition) that you *don't* have control over, we've allowed
him control over the things he really does have control over.  My motto is
and always has been (even before diabetes):  "He won't go to college still
breastfeeding, in pull-ups or sleeping in our bed!"

Marie  :)
Mom to Nikkolas (Nikko) 7/98
Dx'd 3/01