Re: [IPp] Testing in the Classroom

> I have finally gotten the approval for my son to test in the
> classroom, if the school and I can agree on the disposal of the
> testing strips, etc.  What are some of the ideas, or ways your kids
> dispose of the used strips in the classroom??

OSHA does not consider strips or lancets (capped) to be hazardous
waste. The argument about "body fluids" will come up, you might point
out that SNOT is body fluid and there's plenty of that around school
kids, especially in the winter. Dump the strips in the nearest trash
can. As an alternative -- my daughter puts them in the case for her
meter. Not to dispose of them properly, just because she's to lazy to
walk to the nearest trash can. heh... heh...