RE: [IPp] Testing BG in school

Dear Allison,
  When Jessy was diagnosed in January, we went through some pretty tough
fights, mostly involving the lack of attention the school nurse was giving
to our daughter (another long story)  Bottom line, after pulling Jessy out
of school temporarily, until we had a 504 plan in effect, they still would
not allow me to let her check her sugars in the classroom.  We did have a
child advocate.  We were permitted an aide to escort her to the nurses
office and to basically be in charge of her over all care, unless of course,
something bad happened to Jessy, then the nurse would have to step in.  At
the time, I was told by the advocate to just drop the testing in the
classroom issue because I got everything else that I wanted.  Well,now that
the dust has settled and there is "change" in the air....new nurse...I want
to pursue the testing in the classroom again, before the new 504 plan is
written out.
Thank you so much for your input.