[IPp] Re: pop-digest V1 #128

In a message dated 7/19/2002 6:41:09 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Just out of curiosity, how old is your son?  Does he mind?  Mine loves it.
>   She hated being alone anyway.
> Cindy

He worries he will seizure and we will not hear him; so he likes to sleep w/
us better than by himself. If he has company, they sleep in his bed and I get
up and check him at 1am and 4am.  He is 11 yrs old and big for his age, but
he is a "momma's boy" as his friends put it and he doesn't even care! He
knows who loves him and takes care of him. It amazes me how well he takes
this disease in stride and just deals with it. A whole lot better than I do!
It helps so much that he is not bitter and he helps take good care of
himself. He will eat anything you tell him is good for him; no matter how
much he may dislike it and he exercises, jogs, lifts weights, and plays
everything under the sun. He is determined to be healthy in spite of diabetes
and never complains about the things he has to do. When I catch myself having
a pity party about no sleep and everything I have to do to take good care of
him; I just have to stop and think about how he feels, and what a good
attitude he keeps and stop myself from thinking like I am the victim here.
Thanks for listening! Trena (mom to Jake 11)