Re: [IPp] Re: pop-digest V1 #125

  I have people question me all the time about me sleeping with Jessy (I
sleep with her in her bed)....questions like "Aren't you uncomfortable", "Is
it really necessary", "Doesn't your husband mind".

Cindy and Trena,
True Confessions.   Theres a child asleep in my bed as I type!   (Course I'm
not there yet.)     We've always slept with our little ones.    They've
been bumped from our bed when they turned 5, at which time they transferred
to a sleeping pallet on the floor next to my bed until they reached an age
where they felt comfy moving to their own room.   With the first two girls,
this came after a year on the floor.

Zachary (diagnosed at 3) stayed in our room though even after being moved
to the floor.    He didnt' leave till he turned 10 and wanted to.    Till
then I
was happier with him nearby anyway since it was easier to hear him if
he was having night terrors from highs, or acting strange from lows.

Then when he got so sick for a month in January, he moved back to the
floor in our room for about 6 weeks.     Then back to his room, though he;d
come climb into our bed each AM when hubby got up for work.    Just as
well since all 6 of his seizures since Feb. have been at early morning ones.

As parents we need to do whatever makes us and our children most
comfortable.    A psychiatrist I know used to bash the family bed until she
her first baby and found she'd never get any sleep without bringing this
breastfed baby to bed.     She ended up sleeping with her till she was 3
and the next "family bed" baby was born.    Now she's an advocate on it
and has been interviewed on television, etc.

Jennifer (20), Allison (17), Rachel (6)
Fenton, MO