From: Cindy Lattimer [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2002 9:59 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: RE: [IPp] high BGs and bolusing

Dear Kelley,
  You should not be afraid to bring those records with you to your endo,
they should be glad that you take the time to write all that down, it makes
it much easier to spot trends in foods, drinks, etc.... Like Sarah, my endo
is thrilled that I keep such careful records.  In fact, our last appointment

the nurse told me, and I quote "If all the parents kept records as well as
you did, this disease wouldn't be so dangerous to their children, especially

during adolecense"  She was the one who recomended not only writting down
which food she had at a meal but also how much of it she ate.  I know
everyone doesn't have the time to do all of that, but I am a stay at home
mother, I only have my kids and my household chores to worry about, and
shame on me if I can't keep track of something that literally only takes
seconds to jot down.  I want Jessy to feel that this is just how it is done
so that she keeps records of her own as she gets older.  Managing diabetes
is not easy, and she could eat the same thing every day and bolus the same
every day, and still be different, but it does make it easier to spot those
trends, especially since I am so new to all of this.  I just feel better
about it.
Cindy