Re: [IPp] high BGs and bolusing

To all the ones staying up nights:  Well, I have been
getting my share of that too this week.  Maybe there
is a full moon or something.  (Remember, I am the one
that started the "debate" about middle of the night
checks--but I did say there are nights I do
check--well now I check everynight)  I have trouble
waking up for a 2 or 3 o'clock check so what I have
been doing is I stay up for the check then Jim gets
Megan up before he leaves for work(any where from 6 to

I told him last night, that we are going to train him
on taking her blood sugar and the pump.  Because if
there is a problem he wakes me up.  But I am getting a
little bit of sleep.

Megan has been running high (over 240 but usually less
than 400) for over a week. I have sent numbers in to
her endo-but she doesn't want to change her basal.  I
am back at my pump "hate" stage.  I am having a
"love/hate" relationship with the pump.  When it is
good, it is real good, but when it is bad it is really
bad.  Prior to the pump we had Megan between 70-140
most days and never over 200.  This has been since
Dec.2001 prior to that when she was living at her
mom's she was usually between 200 and 500.(she has
some kidney damage caused by this)  Anyway, I go nuts
when she is over 200 now since we were doing so good
with the shots.

I know some of this may be either her hormones or her
asthma(I started today making her take an alburtal
treatment 1 per day)even though her peak flow readings
are ok.

Anyway, just wanted everyone to know, I am "sleepless
in Mississppi" and don't have a clue on how to keep
from checking her every 2 to 3 hours!

Do You Yahoo!?