Re: [IPp] high BGs and bolusing

In a message dated 7/19/02 1:02:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Our CDE says
> to bolus an additional 50% to bring them down.

Pretty much what my daughter does too - EXCEPT she takes the insulin from a
pen "just in case" there is a pump issue, since her immediate goal is to get
those bgs down ASAP.....her CDE, who is also a pumper, was perplexed that
Melissa wasn't bolusing from her pump until we explained that...she said
"well how would you know if the pump is fine?"....Melissa explained that once
she's back in range, it would quickly become obvious if she started rising
again & by then she'd be more likely back home & able to change out the site
more easily....
Renee (pump mom to Melissa)