[IPp] Re: pop-digest V1 #125

In a message dated 7/16/2002 7:44:01 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> .  I am
> comfortable with that because I sleep with her and can feel her if she gets
> restless or listless.

Cindy, You don't know how much better it made me feel to see that someone
else sleeps w/ their diabetic child too!!! I AM definitely one of the
overprotective/ paranoid parents since my son had an insulin reaction/seizure
in the middle of the night and could not speak for around 10 hours. Our Dr
thought he had brain damage, but I learned later from someone on this list
that it was called "Ryan's Syndrome".  I check Jake every night at 1am and
4am since that night. Usually his numbers are fine, but I do catch him low
sometimes and am thankful I did check. I know we need to make him sleep in
his room, but it is so hard to do. We even put a door from his room to ours
when we built our house. His bed isn't 15ft from mine and I still sleep
better when he's w/ us. (Even if he is 5'5 and 132lbs and growing!)
Also, I wanted to share w/ others whose diabetic child is very active or
athletic like Jake, that Gatorade is making a s/f drink w/ electrolytes for
sports activities called Propel in 3 or 4 flavors. They are great for ball
games and practice! Also, I'm not pushing these drinks just sharing info for
those it might apply too!!!!
Trena (mom to Jake11)