[IPp] Re: Adhesive allergy

Hi all,

Hi Susan,

Michael has been pumping for about 3 months now and we have experienced
problems with adhesive allergy. We now put down Op Site tape under the site
as the set tape caused a rash as did afew other tapes. At the moment we are
experimenting with not using an alcohol wipe before hand as he got another
rash which extended past the site/tape areas. The Dr (not diabetes Dr but
General Practictioner) said it looked like an ezcema type of rash to her and
suggested we try not using the alcohol wipe and the 'Remove' wipes for this
latest rash, but to only stop one at a time to see if we can narrow it down.
However I have stopped both at the moment, not very scientific I know but I
just want to get his tummy completely cleared up. Once it is clear then
maybe I will try each again but if things go well without each then I may
not bother. The Dr didn't seem to think it would matter not using an alcohol
wipe before inserting the site but I may look for the betadine wipes that
Robyn mentioned (thanks for that Robyn).  We also find that where we tape a
saftey loop with the tubing that we have to put opsite under that as he was
getting a rash where the tubing was taped against his tummy. It is
interesting to hear others similiar experiences and to know we are not the
only ones experiencing these problems.

Suzanne, Canterbury New Zealand, mum of Michael 7, D dxd 08/99, coeliacs dxd
04/00,pumping 04/02, Daniel 9, wife of Paul.