Re: [IPp] Intensive Insulin Therapy

In a message dated 7/17/02 11:31:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> and MUCH
> easier to get along with.

        Of all the comments I've heard over the years from parents of new
pumpers, this is the one that still brings a smile to my face. As we approach
my daughter's 10 year anniversary (dx'd at age 9) I am CONVINCED that a child
cannot be "themselves" when their body is battling abnormal blood sugars. My
husband is amazed at how delightful Melissa has been lately ( even at age 19!
LOL) because her bgs have been consistently in range. Toss in an occasional
high blood sugar & the mean & nasty Melissa re-emerges from her dia-BEAST-ie
Renee (pump mom to Melissa & loyal IP proponent)