Re: [IPp] Intensive Insulin Therapy

My son was diagnosed at age 2.  At that time he was on two insulin injections
a day. One at breakfast and one at dinner.  He was allowed 45-50g of carbs
per meal and 15g of carbs for a mid morning, mid afternoon, and before bed
snack.  His insulin amount was based on his blood sugar numbers for each
After about two years he was switched to 4 shots a day and we did that for a
while before switching over to the insulin pump.
My son has always had HbA1c's in the 5-7 range and excellent over all
control, despite the ups and downs with numbers.  We decided to go on the
pump for freedom, to end food battles, gain a more comfortable lifestyle that
we had greatly missed since being diagnosed.
Hope this helps,
Mom to Matthew 5yrs old...Paradigm Pumper and to Victoria 7yrs old, non-d