Re: [IPp] buffet meals

We use the same ratio that we would normally use for that meal...We just
spread it out over a longer period of time. For instance....If his bolus
works out to 6.6, we would give 4.0 now, and spread the 2.6 out for 2-3hrs.
, depending on what type of food we're eating. We LOVE this feature...It's
worked well for Chinese food and pizza! :o) We had to experiment a few
times to find out how much to give during the meal...That will vary with
each child, I'm sure.

Hope this helps...

Pam*
On Monday, July 15, 2002, at 07:51  AM, Chris Dib wrote:

> Pam
> Do you cover Taylor heavier or the same and just split up the coverage. We
> noticed that it took 1.8 units spread over 6 hours to bring him back into
> normal range. Now this was in addition to covering him at the restaurant.
>  So
> that 1.8 would be added to the original bolus?
> Thanks for the help.
> Chris

Pam C*
Wife to Bobby
Mom to Taylor (9) dx.4/98 pumping~MM508~10/01
and Chloe (5)