Re: [IPp] scout camp(was lost basal rates)

Hi,

She handles camp fine, she went to this Girl Scout camp the last three
years. This is camp where she will be gone for 12 days. The GS camp has
always been great about her diabetes. The last two years I have sent stuff
that I pulled off the web and sent to them to her counsels and I also talk
to the director and the nurse up there. This year I didn't do any of those
things and just found out that they have a different nurse this year.
OH..well...

We sent three meters with her this year. One for the nurses office for
testing before meals and a back up. The other meter she will keep under her
pillow to test before she goes to sleep or if she feels low. They will let
her test any time and any where she wants, but she prefers to test before
meals in the nurses office.

When she was younger she went to a Girl Scout camp that was about 20 minute
from home. I think that mom(me)was more of a wreak then she was.

This is the year that Eve is spreading her wings in a sort. She was in
Canada(too far) Montreal and Quebec for 5 day in June with her French class
and also was in North Dakota for a week at a  music camp(9 hours from home).

We have lowered her basals rates at night because we found out she was going
low(in the 50's)during the night. When she call about her lost basals I did
give her lower rates. So I hope she checks before she goes to bed. She will
also have glucose tab with her.

Deborah mom to Eve 15, and her pump Zoe
Dxed 5/3/96 pumping 5/21/99