Re: [IPp] Carb Ratios

In a message dated 7/9/2002 2:44:49 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I'm curious.    Does everyone use ratios that are built around 1 unit of
> insulin

our endo told us to use 1 unit per 15 gms of carbs, that was 1-6-00 and it
still holds true for us. others use less or more depending on how they react
to the carbs (how hi it makes their bs) and how they react to insulin (how
much they drop on one unit)
she also gets 1 unit per 100 over 100, so if she was 120 she would get .2,
and if 200 1 unit,  320 she would get 2.2 units.
hope this helps. just remember you have to learn what works for your child.
testing and trials is how you really determine what works, we were just lucky
for us that it worked and i am amazed that it still works over 2  1/2 yrs