Re: [IPp] Pump on Order!

In a message dated 7/11/2002 8:59:27 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> waterproof pump. I use the Paradigm for my five yr old son Matthew, and when
> he swims and bathes we disconnect.  I know that he would not want to stay
> attached to it while swimming, disconnecting gives him more freedom.

that is where you would use the temp basal rate reduction on the animas so
you wouldn't have to disconnect to avoid the lows. you can swim and get less
insulin and check bs often which even if disconnected you still have insulin
in the system that is working and could cause a low.