Re: [IPp] Re: middle of the night checks

In a message dated 7/12/2002 1:41:47 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I spoke with Megan's Endo's nurse yesterday, and she
> said that no I should not have to test Megan every
> night.

obviously your child hasn't hit puberty yet, as all you know will fly out the
window, and you can test every hour and get the basal all set and for weeks
it will be perfect unless you have a hi fat food or something come along. but
when puberty hits you will see all different numbers at night, nothing will
make sense anymore, changing basals from what you see one nite causes another
whole set of problems the next night. one nite they will have normal numbers,
one nite high numbers shortly after going to bed, only to drop and go way low
before am needing treatment. the next nite will run high all nite, the next
low most of the nite despite treating the lows.
testing just once at nite or even random testing when your child is in
puberty and the week of menses when they run 400's or so no matter what you
do is not enough.
mom to alisha 13 in 2 weeks, dx 2-2-98 pumping 1-6-00