Re: [IPp] Nightmares

> Hey everybody, A few nights ago our son Jeffrey(dx 5/00,pumping
> since Feb), woke up in what we thought was a seizure(he has had them
> before)When we checked his bg it was 72, low, but not that low.
> Anyway, he was screaming, and totally out of it, we now think he
> wasnt even awake, yet he says he remembers it.  We could not get him
> to drink or anything, and he was screaming over something to do with
> SpiderMan . It was a horrible experience and he has had milder
> versions twice since with normal bg.  Has anyone ever experienced
> anything like this?  We know that Jeffrey has a low threshold for
> seizure activity, but this was so different, and the only thing I
> could do to bring him out this am was to pray with him and
> eventually he was back to his old self.  Any ideas would be
> appreciated! Laura(freaking out)mom to Eryn, 9, Jeffrey,6 and Mary
> Glenn 4. ----------------------------------------------------------

All my kids had spider dreams when they were young. With most of them
we conned out of the nightmares by telling them that the spider
in their dreams had to make silk because it was a spider and that if
they asked for silk then the spider would have to stop whatever it
was doing and make silk for them. And.... that after all,
everyone knows that spider silk is the strongest silk in the
world and therfore.... blah, blah, .... This bit of slight of hand
put them in control of the dreams and over a short period of
time ended the problem. Variations of this should work for other
kinds of nightmares. YMMV