RE: [IPp] Pump on Order!

The static issues can be avoided.  We were having that problem when we first
started pumping.  When Christopher was on sliding boards at school, this was
occurring quite often.  We contacted MedtronicMinimed and they sent us a
case that reduces the static electricity.  We have never had a problem since
we started using this black leather case that is lined in a gray material.
This was sent to us without charge, but we had to ask for it, it did not
come with the initial pump supplies.  They did mention that it was new, so
they may send them out as a standard issue now.
We always use a case because it seems to protect the pump from those water
incidents such as sprinklers that my son has run through occasionally with
his pump.  But most importantly, the case has a clear pocket where we keep
his emergency Medic Alert card   This card has all his information on it (we
added some) and it makes me feel a lot better about his safety when he is
not with me.

Houston, TX
Mom to Christopher - 5 1/2 (dx'd 5/99, pumping 1/01), Jordan - 3, and
expecting in October!
Wife to Dennis

It's too bad you have to "make peace" with your pump choice. The 508 is a
good pump, except for the more annoying than dangerous static issues and
it's lack of waterproofness. Good luck and like everyone says, "ANY pump is
better than MDI."