[IPp] Re: Reservoir Questions

In a message dated 7/11/2002 9:37:36 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Kim,
> Do you reuse these saved reservoirs?  It seems wasteful, not to mention
> expensive,  to use once and throw away, doesn't it?

Hi Carol,
  I have reused reservoirs.  Especially if we have to change a site & there
is still quite a bit of insulin left in the Reservoir.  I will just add more
insulin to it.  I talked to our Diabetes Educator about it.  The pump company
had told me not to do it.  So I asked the our Educator & she said go for it.
She said there should not be any problems with reusing a reservoir.  So I
figure I will hold on to the Reservoirs & if I needed them they are there.

Kim...........Mom of Ashley 11 yrs old(diabetic for 6 years & pumping 9-24-01)