[IPp] Re: Pump on Order

In a message dated 7/11/2002 9:37:36 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> That is what concerned me the most.  There were other benefits of the Animas
> that I appreciated, but the main troubling MM issue for me was the static
> electricity thing.  I did discuss it with my doctor.
> For MM users:  I've heard you have to use the leather cover at all times to
> minimize this issue.  Is that true?  How many have really had this static
> electricity thing as an issue?
> Warmly,
> Marie  :)
> Mom to Nikkolas (Nikko) 7/98

We have had a static problem once.  Ashley was wearing satiny PJ's to bed.  I
believe they were the culprits.  She moves around alot when she sleeps.  The
alarm went off at about 4 am.  The pump had reverted back to the manufacturer
settings.  So we called Minimed to see what had happened & the Man on the
phone was great.  He talked us through everything & sent us a new black case.
 It was more of a nuisance than anything.  I will tell you to make sure you
have your basal rates wrote down somewhere.  We had to redo those.  It is the
only problem we have had with the MM508.  We are over all very happy with it &
 it is definately better than shots!!!
I do wish alot of times that it was waterproof.  For the same reasons
mentioned by Sydney.  There has been alot of times we have had to stop
everything to disconnect.

Kim...........Mom of Ashley 11 yrs old(diabetic for 6 years & pumping 9-24-01)