Re: [IPp] Re: middle of the night checks

In a message dated 7/11/2002 11:41:47 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Question I have for ones testing in the middle of the
> night--are the kids in control? if so why is the basal
> being adjusted to take care of the problems that are
> arising at night?

I think for me, the reason we threw our endo's partner's advice to quit the
checks was based on the fact that Nikko just turned four last week.  He still
has lots of growth spurts, and those hormones effect his numbers.  He really
doesn't have consistent numbers during the night.  Not that they are
necessarily out of range, but we can vary from a low at 64, to last nights
high of 350!  *Usually* though, he's in the mid 100's to low 200's.

Marie  :)
Mom to Nikkolas (Nikko) 7/98
Dx'd 3/01