[IPp] Re: middle of the night checks

I spoke with Megan's Endo's nurse yesterday, and she
said that no I should not have to test Megan every

After reading all the discussions here I thought I was
being a bad step-parent to not get up everynight and
check.  Yes we were told to check every night when she
first went on the pump, but now that she is doing ok
and her numbers are in good range we dont have to
check unless she I think she might go low because of
things going that I know may cause it.

Now keep in mine Megan does not get to bed unless she
is at less 110. The one night during the first 2 weeks
of the pump that I tested and she was low, it was
because she went to bed at around 71.

The thing I don't understand is who checks diabetics
when they move away from home and when they stay
overnight(if I every decide to let her)and I am not
there.  I want good control so that I do not have to
worry that the electricity might go off, I wouldn't
wake up and then wake up in the morning and something
happened and she was gone.

Megan usually sleeps 10-12 hours and does fine.  (I
know this because I did the test for about 1 month in
the middle of the night.

Question I have for ones testing in the middle of the
night--are the kids in control? if so why is the basal
being adjusted to take care of the problems that are
arising at night?

Do You Yahoo!?