Re: [IPp] Middle of the Night Checks?

> If a low does knock them out and they have no assistance they will
> come to and recover from it  naturally in a few hours after the insulin
> wears off (or in the case of a pumper - after the Auto-Off shuts the pump
> down). On the other hand if they got knocked out by an uncontrolled high
> (DKA, etc.) and did not receive external assistance then they would not
> recover. So by my book night time lows are not that frightening.

We're new to the pump.  I'm not sure I understand the Auto-Off part.  Can
you enlighten me? How would the pump know you're low and shut off?  I've
heard, from our Endo and from other pumpers on this list, about seizures,
and frankly it scares me to death.  Luckily, my son hasn't had any since
diagnosed, but I've heard they're more common on the pump.