Re: [IPp] chinese food

In a message dated 7/11/2002 6:45:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Sarah,
> Have you tried:  www.calorieking.com   Find the closest item, then
> guestimate.
> We eat a lot of chinese.  Most of the carbs are in the fried rice (about 40
> carbs for 1 cup) I usually guestimate for the rest, depending on whats on
> top of the rice.
> Carol

We do the same with good luck. We basically count 1 cup for fried rice as one
cup of regular rice. I would do the same for lo mein. One cup of lo mein
would equal one cup of pasta/noodles. We also rely very heavily on carb
books. Our favorites are Corinne T. Netzer's Carbohydrate Book and
Carbohydrates, Calories and Fats. Both include a fair amount of information
from fast food restaurants, too. Good luck.

Janice, proud mom of Paul, DX 20, now 8 and pumping since July 2000