[IPp] Middle of the Night Checks?

We have cut back on middle of the night checks on our 7 yr old son Luke
from every night to about 2-3x/week - but we do check about 11pm-Midnight and
again at 5am.  (Lack of sleep seems to be a common trait amongst parents of
children w/ diabetes.)  I also check 2-3am on the night after a
site change or a basal change, if Luke's had a ton of activity during the day
or stayed up really late, and if he's had a huge protein meal - or if he's
sick, which fortunately has been rare.   If he's been extra active or up late,
he drops
pretty quickly.  And those big meals seem to drop in high bg's even with an
extended bolus - like 3-6 hours after the meal.

Some weeks I'm up every night, and more recently I've had a few that I got
to sleep for 6 hours a night for 3-4 nights in a row.  Makes me feel almost
human.  The bad thing about getting sleep like that is that it's hard to go
back to getting up every night!

Do You Yahoo!?