[IPp] re: using old/new insulins together

> Is it okay to use up Humalog from one bottle and top it off with Humalog
> from a new bottle?  Are there problems (more chance of bubbles in the
> reservoir, contamination, mixing opened and fresh Humalog compromising the
> effectiveness of the combined insulin in the reservoir)?

We did this all the time w/ Humalog, even diluted, and do it now w/ Novolog.
We just make sure & get both bottles up to room temp (we keep them in
the fridge in between reservoir changes) and haven't noticed any issues
w/ increased air bubbles, etc.  You do it the same way as for mixing in a
syringe (we used to do that w/ NPH & Regular).

Shelly V, mom to Luke, 7, dx'd 10/99, pumping 3/01 MM508, Novolog 10/01

Do You Yahoo!?